Reviews and random thoughts brought about by various movies, series, music, books, travels, social behavior and what not...

Sunday, October 2, 2011

The Kitchen Musical

Giving my DVD's a rest last weekend, I was able to catch something quite interesting and unique at Studio 23, with a name that reminds me of that teeny bopper musical specials from Disney that my nieces were crazy about.

The series is called 'The Kitchen Musical'.

At first I was just intrigued by the title, but as commercial features about the series go on, I
became more than interested...I was anticipating it.

Not knowing the schedule of the series, I was lucky enough to catch the 'Behind the Scenes' special and initial telecast last night at ABS-CBN 2 while I was bored and surfed all the channels on our TV. At first it seemed like a local/international production (seeing Philippine talents Karylle and Christian Bautista), but it turns out to be a production in Singapore with a multi-national cast of veteran and up-and-coming stage actors and talent.

Along with the fast-paced story-telling rounded with musical numbers as climax of a turning point or dramatic focus of the plot, are eye-catching visuals and on-screen gimbles reminiscent of the 'CSI' and 'House' of old. With mouth watering recipes to boot (which are also featured at the end of the episode.).

I hope to catch the other episodes real soon as the telecast is turned over to Studio 23 starting October 8, 2011.

And I'll have to remember to have some snacks on standby as the last one left me hungry... for food and more of the series.







(with screen captures from YouTube and the official website)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Topics