Reviews and random thoughts brought about by various movies, series, music, books, travels, social behavior and what not...

Friday, October 14, 2011

'The Stomp' at Greenbelt 3

After our anniversary dinner, a walk along Greenbelt 3 gave us a chance to experience the infectious grooves and moves of the internationally acclaimed cast of 'The Stomp'. They also had the world renowned hip hop dance group 'Philippine All Stars' as a front act for the night's event.

For those who don't know, 'The Stomp' is a non-traditional Broadway show that uses different choreography and percussive instrument made of everyday tools to bring about a dazzling show of dance, comedy and some cool, world music inspired, grooves.

I first saw this group a few years ago in a TV special, which I don't remember. I was amazed on how this group can dance while their steps alone can make the beats in which they dance to. It was a cool event to watch. And seeing the group perform last night (Oct.14,2011) at Greenbelt 3 not only reminded me of that point in time, but also let my son see what I was amazed with when I was his age.

Too bad we don't have the time and money to see the actual show...event the P700 slot. But at least I get to see an intimate performance of the group.









==============
Some Stomp Videos from last night's performance
==============





No comments:

Post a Comment

Topics