Reviews and random thoughts brought about by various movies, series, music, books, travels, social behavior and what not...

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Anime: Strike Witches 2


I only got to know about the second installment of this series in one of my trips to Akihabara, seeing a huge "Strike Witches 2" promo at the side of a whole building. I took on the series with much excitement and hope. But unfortunately, I struggled to watch the first few episodes, and able to finish it a few months after.

Don't get me wrong, it has improved much with its 3D guided animation, more action from the naval forces, battle scenes that rivals Macross, new characters, etc. But there is no new twist or development in the story. Just more of the same old cutesy cutesy stuff, naive characters stayed naive (to think the girls would have known better by now, since they are now supposed to be "battle hardened"). And the new characters were not developed enough to make the viewer care about them. The character design was more unrestrained, showing off full frontal nudity unlike the first series, and more daring "fan service".

In the end, I was disappointed...musch like when I was disappointed with the second season of K-On.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Topics